Wednesday 14 November 2012

Lady Panther (Super November 2012 #2)

This is the second mini in the challenge, and Rob and I have agreed to get as many supers minis painted in one month a we can, after the relative success of Zomtober.

So after last week's Harrier (seen on Pulp Citizen here) this week I have painted the Lady Tiger mini from Reaper's Chronoscope range.

I make no bones that the colour scheme is stolen off a certain Marvel-lous cat-themed super; if it works why not?

After last months Zeds got my painting rustiness out of the way, it has been nice getting more diverse pieces painted, and diversity is definitely a key point with this month's challenge.

This mini may never even see gaming - who knows - but it was nice to paint and nice to have it finished. Lady Panther's back-story has her as an Unhuman adventurer-thief with cat-like powers,who keeps making bad decisions, such as throwing in  with the Crimemasters from time to time!

Keep watching here and Pulp Citizen to see how I get on!

10 comments:

  1. Nice work!! I recently painted up my first 3 Supers, Powergirl, Dr Strange and The Spectre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers guys; will check them out Ray! (are they poste yet?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that figure- very cute. Good pose and sculpting. Nice paint job- she looks good on that base too. Over all, well done, and within the deadline too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the figure and the paint scheme reminds me of Marvel's Black Cat. I think you've done a great job on her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic look figure and paint job. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers guys; watch for the next installment over on Pulp Citizen in the next couple of days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. One thing you might consider; many of the Mantic Dreadball MVP's would look quite good painted up as superheros or villains. Their poses (and those of some of the Mantic Dreadball team members) tend to be running or punching which are perfect for supers. And no need to remove guns etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good suggestion, but with Chronoscope, Supersystem, other sundries and Pulp City, I have a massive supers backlog already; don't make me add to it! :)

      Delete
    2. Dreadball MVPs are a great idea!

      Delete