Saturday 28 December 2013

Quarter 4 & Year End Painting Review

Quarter 4 minis
So 2013 draws to a close, and at this point I am confident I can present my summary, sure that nothing else will be finished before the New Year.

I set out at the start of the year with a strong intention to paint more than I did in 2012 (click for link); 2012 was a pretty poor year. I began to change my painting style at the end of 2009, and it has continued to evolve since. That has coincided with my interest in low-model count skirmish games. Prior to that my main gaming buddy Rob and me set out to try and play with painted minis as far as possible (something we headed towards in our WH40K days). So the numbers of models I painted each year dropped (not sure of the exact totals for 2010 and 2011) to the low-point of 2012 where I only painted 24 minis.

So I set a personal target of 48-50 minis for 2013 (I am not sure I actually published the target to begin with). It took until the end of July for me to start to open up any clear distance over that target and in the end after paining Sho on the Anima Tactician I have painted 63 minis across several ranges, as well as odds and ends of scenery. A much better year than the year before!

My 2013 minis; all 63
Quarter 1 - 13 minis
Anima Tactics: 7 minis
Pulp City: 3 minis
Supers: 2 minis
Zombies: 1 minis

Quarter 2 - 13 minis
Anima Tactics: 10 minis
Pulp City: 3 minis

Quarter 3 - 17 minis
Anima Tactics: 6 minis
Pulp City: 6 minis
Freebooter's Fate: 4 minis
MERCS: 1 mini

Quarter 4 - 20 minis
Anima Tactics: 13 minis
Pulp City: 2 minis
Batman Miniatures Game: 1 mini
Zombies: 4 minis

2013 totals - 63 minis
Anima Tactics: 36 minis
Pulp City: 14 minis
Freebooter's Fate: 4 minis
MERCS: 1 mini
Batman Miniatures Game: 1 mini
Supers: 2 minis
Zombies: 5 minis

So October was clearly my best month of the year with 10 minis and February my worst (although Giant Hadron was finally finished as the only mini of that month!).

As for 2014, well I have some thoughts on the year to come...

8 comments:

  1. A Highly Successful year target wise then mate. Well done. I wonder what challenges you will set yourself for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, and thanks for following the blogs so closely.

      Already thinking about 2014 - stay tuned in the New Year...!

      Delete
  2. Nicely done, I likely paint slower than yourself so have yet to set any kind of quota. I've geared myself more to completing one "army" as it were. In this case its Pirates. It is nice to vary the painting though to break the tedium of same colours over & over. Like you I find myself drawn more towards the skirmish style games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry. :)

      Painting itself is a trying exercise for me; a means to an end (gaming - of which I do too little), so like you say, varying does help. :)

      Delete
  3. That's an impressive painted mini count well done! So will you be aiming for 75 this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Robert. I think the target is going to have to be the same; I have a course I am doing which runs until September 2014, so time will be more limited for most of next year than this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Zombie Ad. I am hoping that 2014 is reasonably successful, and of course there will be Zomtober 2014 to come. :)

      Delete