Saturday 28 November 2015

Zombie

My first painted mini in November, and it has taken some time to get done. I started this during Zomtober but as I was focusing on my main theme (Zombie kids) it didn't get completed.

Come November, and a combination of work being very busy, consequent tiredness and finishing the Sovereign Theatre kit put painting minis on the back burner.

In the last week or so I have felt more motivated so a few more models have been concurrently tickled with the hairy sticks, meaning I may finish one, two or hopefully more before the end of the month... hopefully.

The mini itself is interesting to me, not least because Cold War, but I am very uncertain of that.
of the nature of his main injury, although the oversized hands are pretty crude. Not sure of the manufacturer, maybe

Now though, with another Zombie finished, I realise I really do need to do a new 'horde' picture before too long.

12 comments:

  1. Very nice PulpCitizen, and that's a wonderful yellow top you've achieved. What paints/washes did you use on that please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :)

      The yellow is kind of washed out by the lighting, so actually has a little more definition in hand.

      I used:
      Base of Vallejo Extra Opaque Heavy Goldbrown
      Shading a mix 1:1 of VEO Heavy Goldbrown and AP Leather Brown
      Drybrushed Heavy Goldbrown
      Highlights with Heavy Goldbrown + AP Daemonic Yellow, then added to that a little dab of VMC Stone Grey for hightlights.

      Delete
  2. "You're dead, Jim" - who said only the redshirts end up dead? Seriously, nice work on the yellow shirt, as it can be quite tricky to get it looking yellow enough, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly what Zedvember is for dude, finishing off the Zombtober stuff you didn't get finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good point Bob! :)

      Thank you for the save! :)

      Delete
  4. Nice job Sir, the revealed brain is a bit different too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. :)

      Until I started prepping the mini I had not been aware of the injury, so it made a nice extra touch. The lighting has washed out the definition a little though.

      Delete
  5. Brilliant paint job dude. Brill looking mini as well love brain on display from behind a very nice touch indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. :)

      Another Zed for the (small) horde! :)

      Delete
  6. The colours may be simple but the work you did here is pretty awesome stuff. It's the simplest stuff that shows how good a painter one is and that you are mate!!! :)

    ReplyDelete