Sunday 26 November 2017

Wizard (Zealot Miniatures)

I have had a painting slowdown this month, so I am glad to post something up after what feels like too long a break.

I grabbed this Wizard from Zealot Miniatures as I have started to assemble a small range of generic fantasy miniatures for a rules set I am working on. Unfortunately for him, Brummie (click for link to his blog) has also been ensnared into the emerging project...apologies mate!

The mini is pretty simple so was a nice starting point for me for this project. There are some super sculpts lurking in the Zealot range which I like more than this one, so I am looking forward to getting around to tackling those in due course. We'll be mixing in a few ranges as the project progresses.

Character wise, I am thinking he is Werner Greyspell, a journeyman mage who has thrown his lot in with a disparate party of adventurers seeking their fortune. While riches attract his allies, Werner seeks arcane knowledge to elevate his powers. Each adventure takes him closer to that goal.

15 comments:

  1. Oh, fantastic work! Miniature is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts have been much missed PulpCitizen, so its good to see something getting your mojo back on track. Wonderful stuff and plenty of old "D&D" vibe to this mini. If I didn't jump onto every shiny you painted, I'd be digging out my "Heresy Miniatures" right now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxkleric. :)

      The rules I am developing definitely go for an old school D&D vibe but on the tabletop, so he is a good fit for that.

      And as for Heresy minis, stay tuned!

      Delete
  3. What a cool pose for a figure! Great brushwork :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on the hair too ... very Fabio-like ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers FourEyedMonster. :)

      Still working on getting my 'sandy-blond' recipe right. :)

      Delete
  5. That is a really good paintjob. I am a little bit envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the kind words Fred. :)

      Delete
  6. Love this mini as well. The fact he is similar in appearance to the hero questions new but more animated is even better.

    I must have a good look round the Zealot range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. :)

      Some really nice figures in the Zealot range - fair warning though, they are resin.....

      Delete
  7. So not disappeared into the Bermuda triangle as I suspected. Still painting to a great standard

    ReplyDelete